Pop Blocs Building Set includes 16 linkable Pop Blocs in lots of captivating colors, shapes, textures, and two cute characters, too! Pop the soft plastic pieces together in any combination to make simple patterns, or create a play scene for the pop-on bear and dog by building a castle, boat, train, farm . . . or anything kids can imagine. These colorful building blocks for baby connect with knob-and-socket closures that are easy enough for little hands but provide nice resistance work for growing motor skills and finger strength. They are lightweight and easy to maneuver, too--so even babies and young toddlers can snap them together, twist them around, and pull them apart. Older toddlers will love experimenting with countless creative combinations as they sort, sequence, and "pop" together a world of imagination!
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
- 6 MONTHS AND UP: Connect two blocks and hand them to the child. Ask the child to twist the two blocks. Challenge the child to pull them apart.
- Count the different parts of the toy. Say the numbers aloud and encourage the child to pat the different pieces along with you.
- Connect the two semicircles to make a wheel. Help the child roll the wheel across the floor.
- 12 MONTHS AND UP: Look at the two character pieces and help the child identify different parts of their faces and bodies. Then help the child point to the same parts on his or her own body.
- Help the child identify the different colors on the toy. Say a color name aloud and help the child point to the block of that color.
- Sort the blocks by shape or color. Count the pieces aloud. Invite the child to count along with you.
- 18 MONTHS AND UP: Encourage the child to link the blocks into a tower or row.
- Name a color, pattern, or texture, and ask the child to point to all the pieces that fit the group.
- Help the child construct a specific shape such as a boat or house. Then use the dog and bear pieces to act out a story around your creation. Ask the child to fill in specific details, such as who will go into the house first, or whether the boat goes fast or slow.
Dimensions: 13.5" x 12.75" x 3.25" Packaged
Recommended Ages: 6 months+